Sunday, November 16, 2008

Snack Machine?

Today I found myself wondering, "are the words 'SNACK MACHINE' tattooed on my forehead?" They must be, because it seems to be the first thing that enters my kids' brains when they look at me... Mommy...FOOD! Perhaps this is just a byproduct of early infant-mother bonding through nursing, and I know they need to eat, but really--does it have to be ALL DAY? Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, no-you-may-NOT-have-another-snack-before-dinner, dinner, dessert...One of these days, I swear, those kids are gonna come home to find sign hangin' on my nose that says, "OUT OF ORDER"!

4 comments:

LadyD said...

I find myself feeling that way too sometimes, but then I can't help but think of the starving children in other countries whose Mamma's so wish that they had any tiny morsel of food to feed their children, we are so blessed :)

Willow and Sprout said...

When you make such good stuff what do you expect? ;-)

Kara Jo said...

Ha! You and Carla need to get together to lament.

This reminds me of yesterday when I was over & Jay came in the room...you asked him why he smelled like Fritos. "Saltines," he corrected.
Then he added "Well, there was an OPEN BOX..." (Failing to mention that the box was on the SHELF, not sitting open on the table or something.)

"Clearly an invitation," you said with just a hint of sweet motherly sarcasm. :)

Carla said...

I am the snack lady. Before, during and after every meal and snack, THEY ASK for a snack.