Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Live By Technology, Die By Technology

I hate computers today. For the second time in as many weeks I have completely WASTED two hours of my day in a failed attempt at burning my digital videos from my computer onto a DVD. I've been using the Nero software my dad put on my computer, and it seems to have a glitch that I don't know how to get around and which requires that I start over from scratch each time. Shouldn't be that big a deal, but my machine is so full that I can't even load my pics from our Black Hills trip on there until I clear off some videos. ARRRGHHH!

Sorry to make you listen to my venting. Anybody know of a better program to use? Or a sledgehammer I can borrow?

5 comments:

LadyD said...

Yeppers..We got plenty of Sledgehammers around here..Bring you one to church tomorrow:)

swirlingeddy said...

Isn't that the program that fiddles while your DVD burns?

I kill me.

Kara Jo said...

Sorry, you know I'm of no help in this department.

But hey, maybe this was good motivation to do that special S. Dakota album that's now almost finished!

Kathy Steppa said...

Jen,
You can buy an extra hard drive to store your photos in. It is NOT the same as a jump drive. If you go to Best Buy, they will be able to show you what I mean.
I bought one to keep our financial data on because we have had too many computer hard drives wipe out important information.
Mom

Kathy Steppa said...

Jen,
I forgot to mention that the external hard drive I bought is a Seagate Free Agent drive. They come in various storage sizes.
Mom