Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Luuuuuv VBS!

Can I just say, "thank you, Lord, for VBS!"?

All this week my 2 hugely-active, constantly-bickering boys are being taken care of and taught and entertained and fed and worn out... and I--their wiped out mommy--am getting a break. I've been more or less a single parent the last week and a half, with B gone on retreats, events, or camp. I've cared for my 3--almost 4--chitlins day-in and day-out through 5 hour car trips, a nasty cold, and pregnancy-induced exhaustion. To say the least, it is a beautiful thing to have those precious 2.5 hours four times this week!

So thanks to all you mighty women who are working so hard this week (Carla, what the heck--you have 4, too!) Thank you for the bit of rest and calm and productivity that I am enjoying every minute of. Many are blessed by your efforts! And not just the kiddos.

4 comments:

Carla said...

You are so welcome, my dear!! Have you noticed that all 4 of mine are in their own little kid places?? :) I get to have some adult conversation in the kitchen...good times!

NoOtherName said...

Yeah, the kitchen sure looks like the place to be--so many fun people in there! Glad you're getting some adult time, mamacita!

kristi noser said...

Jen, since Karli is going back to a leadership role next year, maybe we can put you on the team...hmmm?

NoOtherName said...

A definite possibility either next year or the year after (without a nursing baby). I would love to work in there with you! Great job, by the way--lunch was yummy today!