Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eight is Great!


My boy is eight years old today. We did present time right away this morning and watched as his eyes lit up at his shiny new bike. He requested waffles for breakfast and soon after was allowed to try his new Transformers PS2 game that his grampa got him. After lunch his best buddy called and invited him over to play. Tonight we'll go to Culver's for dinner (his choice again) and then head to the Omni Theater with his grandparents. I think it's a good day for him.

Sweet Jay, my firstborn, I am so glad you're mine. You are one cool kid. Active, smart, funny, soft-hearted. You are growing up a little bit everyday, learning how to handle life's ups-and-downs, and letting God's Spirit convict and teach you. Your faith is growing stronger, even as you bring up doubts and questions from time to time. I love how you play with baby Cait, how you sweetly listen to your great-Grandma, how you hug me and tell me I'm the best mom and Dad's the best dad. I am blessed and honored to be your Mom and have these years to walk with you and teach you as you grow, and I can't wait to see what God will do in you this next year. Thanks for being my guy. I love you!

10 comments:

-V- said...

Happy birthday, birthday buddy! What an adventure watching as you grow... Love your heart, Jay!

Kara Jo said...

Yay Jay! I remember the day you were born--you've come a long way from "Cheeks," Bubbykins!

Jen, you forgot to mention that it's goodbye booster seats!!!

Katie R. said...

What a fun day! Happy Birthday Jay! Nice set of wheels, too.

Pam said...

That cool bike is pretty tricked out.

It's going to be a fun summer!

Happy birthday to the Master.

Carla said...

Happy 8, Jay!!

Word to your mother-How can Jay be 8 already??!!

-V- said...

Carla - did you just say, 'Word to your mother'?? You go, girl!

Swirlingeddy said...

Tight ride, Jay! Happy birthday, I'm proud to be your friend. Keep up the good work.

erin said...

Happy Birthday!!
Very cool bike!

DeeBert said...

Happy Birthday you wonderful boy! You are a gift to your family--wish I could know you and that my girls could have a chance play with you! Love you, Kiddo!

Carla said...

Fo Shizzle V!