Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Shameless Pandering for Sympathy

Dear Lord, what are you trying to teach me?

The past week has been filled with all 6 of us having some form of the stomach flu--B and I were mild, but the kids were all puking. We called it the "two pukes" flu because pretty much they all puked twice and then were done. Cait had it Monday, Karin and Jay Thursday, Ethan Saturday. We were all doing well today except for Cait who is still blowing out her dipe several times each day. Ten o'clock tonight and Brian and I were just about to collapse on the couch from a loooong Christmas day of exhuberant/demanding/hopped up on sugar/crazy-happy/crabby kids when Karin came running to the top of the stairs yelling, "Caityin baufed!" AGAIN!! Eight days after her first round! After a bath and some new jammies she promptly pooped up her back one more time as I wrestled the retarded but clean cribsheet into submission once more. I almost started to laugh.

Seriously, Lord, what is going on? We spent last night at home, away from my family so as not to risk getting PaPa sick, and now we're having to reschedule the reschedule. I feel like we're racing against an unseen clock, and I am so tired of washing puke and poop laundry and sanitizing everything in creation.

I don't know what's going on, but I do feel like you're trying to teach me something. I know I can't do this on my own, so I need to get with you, soak in your Word and promises, and rest in your grace. Enough for today. New tomorrow morning. OK. I'm going.

6 comments:

Katie R. said...

Nothing to say except I'm sorry. Enough already, huh?

Carla said...

You aren't pandering for sympathy, sweets. Life is just so yuck sometimes!! Do the next thing and then take a walk.

NoOtherName said...

I would LOVE to go for a run! Better go buy some snowshoes!

Anonymous said...

God's mercies are new every day! So are dipes, sheets and laundry! Praise God that you and B recovered quickly and he is home this whole week!! And that Totty is a big girl now...it saves on expense! Yeah God!! I love you and praying for you!

Farfie

Anonymous said...

Love you, too, sweetie pie. You are a trooper. Praying you can just rest in Him. Though, yes, there me be something He is wanting to impart to you, it may be just the simplicity of childlike trust as you rest in the shadow of His wing.
I'm sorry you're going through this right now. I know your heart aches deeply for your PaPa, and that the craziness of Christmas festivities and a sick family can just take it right out of ya!

Anushka said...

just know that how much i love you is multiplied by 70,000+ when it comes to your Heavenly Father. i'm praying for you EVERY DAY. Confronting such a great loss is unthinkable, but i promise you God's "peace that passes all understanding"- my prayer for you.