Sunday, December 02, 2007

5-year-old Punctuation


One day this week Ethan and I were sitting down and working on his ABC's. To practice writing them we have a plastic container with a bit of salt in it in which he uses his finger to form the letters and then "erases" them by shaking the tray. We had just finished reviewing several letters, both capitals and lower-case, so I told him to finish by drawing a smiley face. He did so and then quickly added a smaller smiley face. Then he looked up at me and said, "Look, Mom--a capital and lower-case smiley face!"

I love that kid!

8 comments:

-V- said...

LOL! THAT is the cutest! You should submit that to some English Teacher's magazine or something... seriously, that is brilliant! :-)

kristi noser said...

That salt in a tray thing is really cool!

erin said...

What a doll! How funny is that!?

TheKupkaFamily said...

Too cute!! Children come up with the best stuff. Ours are our main source of intertainment.

Katie R. said...

Aww your post makes me miss teaching. I LOVE when you see the lightbulbs "go on". Ya know? When they just "get it". Even if it was in regards to upper- and lowercase smiley faces. Too cool.

DeeBert said...

That is awesome! Yeah--you should send it in to a magazine or something. Love ya!

Swirlingeddy said...

I love that kid.

Kara Jo said...

Aw, makes me smile! I think the magazine submission idea is a good one. :)