Sunday, August 12, 2007

10 Years!

Brian and I recently celebrated our 10th anniversary. I can't believe we are that old! Seems just yesterday we were skipping down that aisle as naive youngins and now we have 4 youngins of our own.

To mark the occasion, we booked a room at a 4-star hotel in Minneapolis (priceline.com--$70!). We had dinner at the nicest restaurant I will eat at this side of glory--Ruth's Chris Steakhouse--where the filet comes out on a plate at 1500 degrees, sizzling in butter. We toasted our first decade together and imagined what the next will bring.

I am so grateful for this man. What a rock of steadfast love and faithfulness he has been! Marriage is not an easy road, by any means, but I am thankful that he has been the one by my side through all of its twists and turns, summits and valleys. He is my love.

Oh, and by the way... in the photo he is showing off his new wedding ring which we picked up on the way to the hotel to replace the one that went missing last August in the St. Croix. I was glad to get that puppy back on his hand to let everyone know that he is taken!

9 comments:

kristi noser said...

Congratulations to you both. You are both so special! Ten years, WOOT!

Katie R. said...

Congratulation on an awesome accomplishment.

Carla said...

Happy 10th, you too!! Ah, Lurve!

Pam said...

Cheers to another meaningful, loving and happy decade!

Joey said...

I can sympathize with losing a wedding ring. Mine is currently in the ductwork between the first floor and basement of our friends' house. I dropped it down a vent over there and we just can't seem to figure out a way to get it back. Until we do, I'm rocking a $20 sterling silver gem from a kiosk at the MOA. It's classy...

Congrats! :)

Keithslady said...

I'm also on my second ring, no big deal, just content to be on my first husband! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you guys... remember that one time when we slept on your futon the first time we met, and Vonda caught a softball with her bare hand and we all got real couches (except we inherited your futon), and then you both were "Staff" (oooOoh!) :-), and then we all got houses, and kids/canines, and you prayed for us - and we prayed for you, and split a PS2 and we went to CA and couldn't decide how much to spend on cookies :-) and Bush got elected, and your tears for us moved us to Hudson, and we were the core cell group and then started a new one, and ran a 5K (which I won by the way) ;-) and bunked in IN and you whomped me in Boggle (ok - and speed scrabble too I guess)...? We'd do it all again... and can't wait to see what's next. You guys are the kind of friends we hang with because we love the thought of becoming more like Abba with you and because of you. 100 more anniversaries to you - and we'll be there (kind of - maybe not the whole celebration) to celebrate with you... Love you! P.S. Jen - sweet blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

YEA! 10 years! How fun is that?! Joey and I are catching up - 6 months of pure wedded bliss this Friday!!! :)