Friday, January 05, 2007

Check Out Those Cheeks!


This is our most recent picture of Sparky, taken last Monday to check baby's size in hopes of not having another Butterball. All looks good...the ultrasound measured baby at 8 lbs. 10 oz. and the doctor thinks he or she isn't even that big and probably won't come out over 10 lbs...I could have kissed the guy!

But despite Sparky's petite (by Crim standards) size, he or she still has the trademark chubby cheeks, one of which can be seen in the picture above. The big round shape on the left is the tummy, the little round shape in the upper right is the cheek, next to the nose with two black dots for nostrils and two dark eyes. Baby was busily sucking on something while we peeked in. So amazing!

I guess we're pretty much ready around here. I know I would love to bend over again without a watermelon in the way! But I'm scared about going through labor again...funny how we don't think about that when we're excited about getting pregnant again but how vivid my recollection of it all is now that it could happen at any time! Please pray for me to endure.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Just for fun you can always do a Epi or other narcotic of your choice. We won't hold it against you if you don't want to go hard-core the fourth time.

Best wishes for a speedy delivery and may the pain factor be short lived.

kristi noser said...

Don'tcha just LOVE the words "narcotic of choice"?
I think that's going to be my new nickname.

Joey said...

Just get it over with already so we can get back to premarital counseling. Gosh!!!

NoOtherName said...

Hey, man, I'm not the one who moved up the date by 6 weeks! You'd think you were excited to marry that girl or somethin!
:)