Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Through Farfa's Eyes

Recently a friend known affectionately by many names (e.g. Ra-Ra, Farfa, My Cheeseburger) stopped by to hang out for a few minutes. Since I was absent at the time, she sent me her reflections on the time with the kids. I loved what she had to say and wanted to save it...

I dropped in last night - it was fun to hang out with your kids…to watch
them play in the dirt and pull "flowers" for you. It was hard not to laugh
at little Ms. K - with dirt everywhere, with hair smelling like maple syrup
and with her chocolate covered smile. As I sat there…she would back up her
little bum and park it right in my lap. Oh - the joy, the peace and then
all of a sudden the explosion of energy as she would get up and waddle away to go get her brothers. And that is only K…I could go on and on about
E with his snotty, slimy face and grin that reached from ear to ear and the
twinkle in his eye that made you wonder what he was up to. Thank you for
sharing your family with me. I have so much fun with them.

...We have fun with you too, Farf! Thank you for so beautifully capturing the essence of my chitlins--maple syrup hair, snot and all!!

No comments: