Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Flat as a Pancake

This morning I caught E riding his bike in the alley. Now, it's not that dangerous of a place to be, but a mom's gotta have principles. So, I called him inside with the dreaded, "you're in trouble, buddy" voice and he trudged in. After his 3 minute (or so) timeout, I went in to discuss with him his disobedient heart. I asked him if he was supposed to be in the alley. He shook his head. I asked him if he knew why he's not supposed to be in the alley. "Cuz I might get smooshed?" he replied. "Yes! You might get smooshed like a pancake," I affirmed, thankful that he was getting the point of his discipline. Then he looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes and asked, "would you eat me?"

I need to take a non-laughter class for moments like that one! Where do kids come up with this stuff?

2 comments:

Carla said...

I don't know where they come up with it but I know why. So their parentals having "blogging fodder." Keep it comin, kiddos!!

Pam said...

hilarious yenny.