Thursday, October 05, 2006

Go Go Gadget What?

Monday night tends to be movie and pizza night around Crimville. After football practice, B stopped to pick up the cheapest pizza in town (Papa Murph's) and a movie. The cinematic thriller he picked out this week was Inspector Gadget, with Matthew Brodrick. It held my interest for about 14 minutes and then I started working on school stuff for the next day.

The kids loved it, however. After it was all over, we told them to run upstairs to get their jammies on. From downstairs we could hear them yelling things like, "go go gadget lightsaber!" and "go go gadget flashlight!" while leaping around their bedroom.

I think I just tuned the noise out for a moment then, because the next thing I recall was E suddenly bursting out, "go go gadget underwear!"

We weren't exactly sure how he came to think of that particular gadget, but it sure gave us a laugh!

2 comments:

Reegz said...

It's funny because kids ALWAYS have to add "underwear" to everything to make it great! They think it's the funniest word out there. Try it next time they are wailing in the grocery store. It's sure to bring on the giggles!

NoOtherName said...

Isn't that the truth about the word "underwear"? The boys have started playing a game where they refer to something "over there" and gradually change the hints until they can get the other one to say "under where?" Then they proclaim, "I made you say 'underwear'!" and laugh at their incredible power.

I'll try to remember that next time I'm at the store with crabby kids.