Sunday, April 16, 2006

Celebrating Easter Again

It's Easter Sunday again... my favorite day of the year. Being reminded of Jesus' victory over death and the subsequent victory he won for us is awesome. I was in awe of my God this morning. Before the kids got up I turned to Luke 24 and read to the end of the book. What struck me was how the disciples had been with Christ all that time, that he had even told them he would die and rise again, and still they were confused by his missing body. And when they saw him, they didn't even recognize him! Not until their eyes were opened did they finally see who he was, as he broke bread with them (v. 31). It's not that I blame them for doubting. I certainly have had my fair share of questions and doubts. It's that they didn't even recognize him when he stood right before them. Their eyes had to be opened for them to understand and see him for who he really is, not who they thought he was.

Lord, there are so many in my life who need their eyes opened. Please will you let them see you for who you truly are...let them see and believe! Especially right now I pray this for GT and LT, for GJ and PJ...Hosanna! Save now!

Theology aside, I am just really grateful today. It was Easter Sunday last year that I felt like I was on the bottom of 10 feet of water. What should have been the most joyful worship service of the year turned out to be the last straw and caused me to finally seek medical help for my depression. It was so hard for me to take medicine for it; I battled feelings of failure and inadequacy as a Christian. But praise God for Zoloft! He has used it to bring me back and to help me to be myself again! This morning I danced in my living room and praised my Savior with all my heart. Thank you, loving God, for lifting me out of despair and restoring my joy!

No comments: