Sunday, November 18, 2007

Honest Totty


Oh, my sweet Totty! Tonight she came up to me with those big round eyes and said, "I like you, Momma." Of course my heart melted, as would anyone's. "I like you, too, honey," I responded with a big smile and swelling heart.

Quickly she followed with, "but not all the time. Sometimes I don't." Oh. Not so much what I wanted to hear. "Well, that's honest," I replied, wondering if she would give a reason and trying not to take it too much to heart--afterall, nobody likes everyone all the time, right?

"...When you put me in time out," she finished.

Can't really blame her, can I? And I am thankful she can speak honestly with me, even if she is just 3. Lord, give me the grace to handle her "honesty" when she's 13! Oh, and thank-you for my sweet girl!

9 comments:

zcoffeegirl said...

Who could not melt in that sweet little face? Too cute.

Katie R. said...

Honest and cute, too.

-V- said...

Great job partnering with Abba by shepherding this angel's (honest) heart, J... She is truly precious - and so was the strength of your response. How sweet of her to start with the fact that she likes you in general (rather than rushing to the part she didn't like). Wonder if she's an 'F' too... :-)

Swirlingeddy said...

Totty had me wrapped around her little finger on Saturday . . .

NoOtherName said...

Ed, I hope she always will, even after little Eva is here and wants you to wiggle her feet repeatedly!

TheKupkaFamily said...

I will never get the picture of this adorable, sweet little girl dressed up in a princess dress fighting the big boys with her sword. You go little girl!!

Swirlingeddy said...

Stunning pic too, by the way -

theswamphare said...

Yesterday, she was telling Cheryl that she didn't need to be in the nursery with the little kids.

Anushka said...

spida-man!! spida-man!!! remember, J? just like her mama, so much strength and spunk wrapped up in an adorable, delicate beauy. our totty...